We serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality, with exceptional experiences for every pupil, every day. This will be achieved by providing an exciting learning environment, which fosters a real love of learning and inspires all our pupils to become confident, caring and responsible individuals who exemplify our school values.
Our school values will enable all children to flourish and reach their full potential within an inclusive, safe and stimulating setting:
Resilience – keep trying until you fulfil your hopes and aspirations.
Respect – showing acceptance, understanding and compassion.
Care – a commitment to helping others flourish.
Collaboration – working together in friendship and community.
Achievement – developing wisdom and talents in all areas of life.
Integrity – doing the right thing, showing good manners and morals.
Our children will be able to articulate, discuss and demonstrate these values and their meaning not only within the academy, but also as they continue their journey and learn to make a positive contribution to society.
Fundamental British Values
As part of the value system, the academy actively promotes and encourages the fundamental British values which permeate through all aspects of school life, and link seamlessly with the six core values of Lower Farm. These are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
These values are regularly promoted through high quality teaching, a rounded programme of collective worship and assemblies and a positive behaviour policy. This provision allows pupils to develop and demonstrate skills and attitudes that will allow them to participate fully in and contribute positively to life in modern Britain. As well as teaching our pupils, our active promotion of these values also means we challenge pupils, staff or parents who express contrary opinions.
- Value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our academy family
- Raise the aspirations of everyone within our academy community so everyone strives for personal excellence in everything they do
- Nurture and support all abilities, helping every child to achieve his/her potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural, placing children’s happiness at the core of what we do
- Provide outstanding teaching and learning which enables all students, regardless of gender, race, background or ability, to excel
- Equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become lifelong learners within an ever-changing world
- Provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum with emphasis on English, Mathematics, Science and the Arts
- Develop learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation
- Promote British Values alongside our school values to embody attitudes of care, tolerance, honesty, trust and respect within the academy and wider communities so that children develop as well-rounded and responsible citizens for the future
- Develop outstanding relationships with ‘Parents as Partners’ of their children’s education and with all our stakeholders so everyone works together to achieve the best outcomes.