Local Governing Body
Our Local Governing Body structure allows us to have up to four Trust-appointed governors, up to three co-opted governors, two parent governors, two staff governors and the Headteacher. The role of the Local Governing Body is an important one. Governors hold the school to account and meet each half term. The governors have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Implementing and reviewing the strategic plan for the academy
- Acting as a critical friend to the leadership team, being ready to challenge and hold senior leaders to account
- Overseeing the management of the finances of the academy
- Supporting the Headteacher in the development and review of an appropriate staff structure
- Oversight of policies and major decisions concerning the general direction of the academy
- Visiting the school regularly to monitor, audit and get to know the school community. Some governors have responsibility for a specific area such as safeguarding, special educational needs or a school subject.
Our Local Governing Board Members are:
- Hannah Usher – Chair with responsibility for Health & Safety
- Lindsay Martin – Vice Chair with responsibility for Safeguarding
- Yateen Bhoola – Deputy Director of Education for REAch2 Cluster 3
- Andrew How – Head Teacher of Lower Farm Academy
- – Teacher of Lower Farm Academy (Teaching Governor)
- Lewis Coulter– Teaching Assistant of Lower Farm Academy (Non Teaching Governor)
- Stacey Dale – Trust Appointed Governor with responsibility for Teaching and Learning
- Suzannah Harris – Trust Appointed Governor with responsibility for Education
- Sam Cooper – Co-Opted Governor with responsibility for Finance
- Samantha Oliver – Parent Governor with responsibility for Sustainability
Although I work within the private sector, with experience in Accounting and Project Management, I was a volunteer for 3 years with Solutions for the Planet. With S4TP I worked with schools to encourage KS3 children to not only consider environmental and sustainable problem solving, but to also develop skills in business and financial planning, as well as public speaking.
My aim is to support our school by sharing these experiences and engage our children to find solutions to sustainability issues in an exciting way, allowing their carefree and innovative creativity to help shape a more sustainable future for the school and local community.
- Chelsea Bennett – Co-Opted Governor with responsibility for Inclusion & SEND
REAch2 Trustees and the Cluster Board
For information about the REAch2 Trustees and the Cluster Boards, please click here to go to the governance page of the REAch2 website. This includes details of how the Trust is organised, who the Trustees and the Cluster Board members are, the Articles of Association, the Master Funding Agreement and the Register of Interest for the Trustees and Accounting Officer.
To contact the Chair of Governors, Hannah Usher, please do so by emailing [email protected]
We are currently recruiting for 1 Co’ Opted Governor & 1 Parent Governor. If you would like to know more about what’s involved in being a Governor, please click on the Governor job description & person specification below or visit the REAch2 Governance website: